When you have two kids, having a double stroller that can make your life easier is a must. Safety for your peace of mind, comfort for the little ones to enjoy, and storage for lugging around all the things you need to have on hand are qualifications that rank pretty highly when shopping around for the best double stroller.
It also wouldn’t hurt if the stroller doesn’t weigh a ton or require a team of engineers to put it together or fold it away when you need to store it.
How We Chose Our Ratings
Image by Leonie Schoppema from Pixabay
Honesty is important to us, so we thoroughly examine customer reviews and testimonials combined with brand reputation and feedback or news about the strollers to factor it all into the rating.
– Top 7 Best Double Stroller –
1. Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
- Fits through standard doors and navigates narrow checkout lines
- Adjustable extra-large sun protection canopy with a peek-a-boo window
- Each seat can independently recline in infinite positions. Adjustable footests.
The Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller has a little bit of everything. It can accommodate two children, up to 45 pounds each so it can serve you well into toddlerhood. Each seat and footrest can be adjusted independently of one another, so if one of your children falls asleep, you can recline them into a comfortable, nearly flat position without affecting the second seat.A large basket under the stroller can be used to carry your diaper bag, toys, and other items. For the adults, there are two cup holders and zippered pocket compartments on the back of each seat for you to store your wallet, phone or some extra snacks. The large canopy protects the kids from the elements, and the removable bumper bar and 5-point harnesses add safety features for a worry-free ride.Although it’s a large stroller with side-by-side seats, you should still fit through most standard-sized doors, you can fold it up with one hand, and it should fit in most trunks. The Joovy weighs about 32 pounds and comes with large double wheels in the front for added maneuverability. The stroller is intended for use with infants who are at least three months old, so it’s not for newborns.Nearly 75 percent of the hundreds of Amazon reviewers believe the Scooter X2 deserves a five-star rating and is one of the best and most reasonably priced double strollers compared to other brands like Britax and Bob. Buyers love that it’s easy to assemble, has lots of storage, is durable, and is easy to fold up.Depending on the color you choose, you can find it on Amazon at a premium price range.
2. Graco Ready2Grow LX Double Stroller
- Small-folding stroller rides like a double, but folds like a single stroller, making transport and storage easy
- Includes two stroller seats, a bench seat, and a standing platform for multiple options as your family grows
- Close-to-you rear seat makes connecting with baby easier
If you think a side-by-side double stroller might be too unwieldy, then Graco’s Ready2Grow Double Stroller could be a better option. This stroller has 12 different configurations that allow you to change the front and rear seats to what you might need depending on your child’s age.The rear seat faces you so that you can keep an eye on your infant, but you can also change it to a bench seat or to a standing platform as your child grows. You can use this stroller for transporting two infant seats, and the front seat can also be adjusted to face away or towards you.The front seat can carry up to 50 pounds, the rear seat has a maximum capacity of 40 pounds, and the stroller itself weighs about 33 pounds.If your children spill anything on it from the removable front snack and bottle tray, the cushions are removable, and you can throw them in the washing machine. Need space for your purse, diaper bag or groceries while you’re out shopping? There’s a big storage basket on the bottom.Buyers love the variety of ways you can configure the stroller to accommodate the kids as they grow and that you can easily fold and unfold it. However, some Amazon reviewers felt it barely fit in the trunk of their car, and you might have to take one of the children out to access the storage space underneath. Still, the Ready2Grow has garnered solid four and five-star ratings.Also, at an average price for strollers, the Graco Ready2Grow is a budget-friendly option from a reliable name in the world of baby products and one of Amazon’s best-selling strollers.
3. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Stroller
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats,(sold separately) or one sitting...
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat. Features two removable cup...
- Stroller accommodates 2 children up to 50 pounds each. Front/Back Seat: Sit upright unassisted 50 lbs or 40 Inch. Jump...
If you have an older toddler or child that doesn’t want to be pushed around in the stroller like a baby, but that you don’t want to get stuck carrying when they inevitably get tired, then the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Stroller could help you out.The Sit N Stand fits up to two kids that weigh 50 pounds each. You can have one sitting and one standing, or two sitting in the stroller, or carry two infant car seats. With this stroller, your older child can either sit in the rear seat or stand on a platform in the back. If you have a Baby Trend infant seat, this stroller is compatible.The Sit N Stand comes with cupholders in the handle for you and for both the front and rear seats, so you don’t have to worry about having to go into your diaper bag for drinks and snacks. However, if you are carrying a bag around, you can probably fit it in the large storage basket on the bottom.At 27 pounds, the Baby Trend is lightweight for a double stroller, and many reviewers say that it is easy to collapse and unfold. Buyers also found that it was easy to assemble, comfortable for their kids, and liked the variety of seating options. Most reviewers place the Sit N Stand in either the four or five-star category.This Baby Trend stroller could be an excellent option for buyers who want to spend less since Amazon sells it for an average price.
4. Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller
- Designed for children from 6 months-50 lbs (each child) and no more than 42" Tall
- Multi-position seat recline with 5-point safety harness
- 16" rear and 12" front all-terrain, rubber pneumatic bicycle tires
If you’re a parent that needs a stroller that not only fits the kids but can also keep up with your active lifestyle, be it jogging or going out on trails, then you might be interested in the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller.The Expedition can carry two children up to 50 pounds each side by side, but it’s not designed to carry infants or car seats. The minimum recommended age for this stroller is six months old. It has all-terrain bicycle tires to tackle a variety of surfaces and weather situations. There’s a big storage basket under the seats so you can bring along toys or bags.The Expedition weighs around 34 pounds and comes with a large canopy with a window you can peek through the top to see what the little ones are doing. The seats can be reclined into multiple positions and have 5-point safety harnesses.The majority of Amazon reviewers give the Expedition Double Jogger a five or four-star rating and say, despite its size, it’s easy to fold, assemble, and durable. Buyers say it’s a smooth ride, easy to push, and like the fact that it’s less expensive than other strollers.
5. Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
- Build your own travel system with matching Chicco car seats; Accepts two No.1-rated Key Fit or Key Fit 30 infant car...
- Fully-reclining rear seat for bassinet enclosure or car seat attachment ,Assembled Dimensions - 47.25 x 45.5x 23.5...
- Exclusive forward-fold front seat for car seat attachment
The Chicco Cortina Together is a tandem double stroller that lets you arrange the stroller to suit your needs. You can:
- Accommodate two infant Chicco Key Fit or Key Fit 30 car seats.
- Have an infant car seat in either the front or back seat with the older child in the other seat.
- Have both children facing forward.
The seats and canopies can be reclined and set up in multiple positions, so you can make sure your children are always comfortable. The rear seat fully reclines so it can serve as a mobile bassinet. The stroller seats two children up to 40 pounds each, and you can easily fold it up with Chicco’s one-hand activated folding mechanism.The Cortina Together has a big basket under the seats for storage, and unlike some of the other strollers, you don’t have to take one of the kids out to access it since you can unzip it to access it even when you fully recline the backseat to a bassinet position.People who have purchased this stroller like that even though it is a double stroller when it is folded closed, it doesn’t take up as much space as some comparable strollers and easily fits in most trunks. Reviewers have given the Cortina Together a five-star rating for durability saying that it keeps up with growing children and like the quality of the stroller.
6. Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller
- Compact Fold: Release foot pedal, grab handle and pull up to close with 1 hand - self-standing so no need for parent to...
If you’re looking for a lightweight double stroller, the Evenflo Minno Twin comes in at just under 26 pounds. Even though it’s a side-by-side stroller, it’s also 27-inches wide so that it can fit through most standard doors and it’s designed to fold up compactly.You can fit two children up to 45 pounds each. Their seats and footrests can be positioned independently from one another. You can draw down the oversized canopy to block the sun, and you can access the storage basket from the back even when both kids are riding in the stroller.About 80 percent of the Amazon reviewers give the Minno either four or five-star ratings, like how easy it is to fold, and even recommend it for traveling. However, one main complaint was that it only comes with one removable cup holder that doesn’t seems to hold up well. Yet, for an average price, many agree that this stroller was worth the money.
7. Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Baby and Toddler Stroller
- 7 SEATING OPTIONS -- Versatile seating configurations to keep everyone happy. Reversible seats with new lift-assist...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN -- Enjoy multiple seating options in a lighter-weight aluminum frame that is only 34 lbs. Easy to...
- FITS TWO COMFORTABLY -- Accommodates two infant car seats. Brand specific "click-in" adapters and universal car seat...
If you’ve got the budget and are looking for an award-winning best double stroller, then you might want to consider the Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Baby and Toddler Stroller.Winner of a National Parenting Product award, the Contours Options has seven different ways you can configure the stroller. Some of the options include a newborn bassinet (sold separately), infant car seat travel system, and seats facing each other.The stroller weighs 34 pounds and can hold two 40-pound children. The storage basket found underneath the seats can be accessed from a side zipper so that you don’t have to remove either child to get to the things you need. With a separate universal car seat adapter, the stroller can fit any brand of infant car seat. Large canopies can be extended to protect the little ones from the sun.Given its premium price, you might consider the fact that it only comes with a one small side cup holder a drawback. Most Amazon reviewers did rate the Elite at either four or five stars, but a solid 10 percent did give it only one star, so it’s something to think about since it is a little pricey.
Photo by Oleksandr Pidvalnyi via Pexels
What are some things that can help you narrow down your search for the best double stroller?
- Budget: Baby gear can be pricey. Of course, everyone wants the Cadillac of strollers, but the reality is few can blow their budget on it. If you spend a little time shopping around, you’ll find some decent budget options that can measure up to the pricey brand name strollers.
- Weight: You’re already pushing around two growing children, so unless you’re in training for Iron Man, the last thing you want is a stroller that weighs as much or more than they do. What’s the lightest stroller you can find that meets your needs?
- Features: Decide which features are a must and which are optional. How many zippered compartments do you need? Do you need a ton of cupholders?
- Seating arrangements: Do you need a stroller that lets you safely carry a car seat by either clicking or strapping it on? Or maybe you have a toddler showing their independent side who doesn’t want to sit in a stroller but could compromise and stand instead?
Last update on 2022-02-07 at 10:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API