When I first saw a mirror glaze cake, I didn’t expect it to be as exceptional in taste as it was in physical appearance. You know how things that look shiny can be entirely superficial in nature, right? But that was not the case.
The moment I tasted that cake, the world was a different place for me. And this is why I think it’s my duty as a foodie to share with you the perfect mirror glaze recipe.
But you should know that there are tons of shiny mirror glaze recipes out there. So it’s hard to select any one as the sole winner. And this is the reason why I’ve listed not one but two different types of mirror glaze cake recipes.
So scroll down quickly to welcome these delicious and shiny desserts into your life.
Mirror Glaze Recipe #1
Colored Mirror Glaze Cake Recipe
The creamy glaze does its job well by setting itself on the smooth, frosted cake with a mirror-like sheen.
To create a beautiful marble effect, you can layer different shades of glaze in a bowl before adding them all on top of the cake. So let’s find out how to prepare this heart-shaped delight.
Ingredients You Will Need for the Cake:
1/4 tsp of kosher salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp of unflavored gelatin, with 1 tsp extra
2-1/2 cups of chocolate chips, white
1/2 cup of condensed milk, unsweetened
1-3/4 cups of sugar
3 to 4 different food colorings
1. Mix half a cup of water and gelatin in a bowl. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
2. To begin the process, you need to cook a few ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat. These include condensed milk, sugar, and vanilla extract with 3/4 cups of water. Let this mixture create bubbles, which should not take more than 5 minutes.
Once that happens, add the gelatin liquid into this and stir the whole thing. The goal is to dissolve the gelatin completely.
3. Now you can turn off the heat to add the chocolate chips. Stir them thoroughly until they melt completely. Then strain the liquid using a sieve before transferring it all to a bowl. You can divide the glaze into four bowls.
Add the food coloring to each bowl and let it cool for a few minutes. During this time, you can stir to prevent the formation of a top layer. I would advise you to give the glaze at least 12 minutes to cool.
4. Since you’re using four different colors, pour half of each into a large-sized bowl. Then repeat the same process for the remaining glaze. This way you get concentric circles that contain all colors in one bowl.
5. Now it’s time to set a smoothly frosted, chilled cake on the cake pan. Instead of the cake pan, you can also use an overturned bowl placed inside a layer of a baking sheet or a large tray. This way the drips fall on the sheet or tray.
6. Now pour the colored glaze on top of the cake in a sweeping motion. You can move your hands back and forth while pouring the glaze, which will form an ideal marble pattern. Do not touch the glaze at this point, no matter how tempting it looks.
7. Once this glaze hits the cake, it will begin to set. The glaze should be allowed to drip for at least 10 minutes before you start cleaning the edges using a butter knife or small spatula.
8. You can now place the cake on the serving platter to chill it in the refrigerator for half an hour. Chilling the cake for a day is also not a bad idea.
9. When it’s time to eat the cake, take it out of the refrigerator and use a sharp, warm knife to cut through it. But don’t forget to wipe the knife with a warm and damp towel between slices.
And that’s about it!
Mirror Glaze Recipe #2
Strawberry Mousse Cake with Mirror Glaze
It’s the perfect creamy Christmas creation, isn’t it? The recipe is divided into three stages. The first consists of preparing the sponge layer of the cake. The second part involves the creation of the light, creamy mousse. For this, you will need fresh strawberries. And in the final stage, you have to prepare the mirror-like glaze. So let’s begin, shall we?
Ingredients You Will Need for The Cake:
17g of gelatin powder
4 tbsp of icing sugar
1 tbsp of kirsch
300ml of whipping cream
1 tsp of lemon juice
350g of strawberry puree
For Mirror Glaze:
Red shade food coloring
1 tbsp of water
1 tsp of lemon juice
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tbsp of kirsch
1 tbsp of unflavored gelatin
1-1/2 strawberry pints
3/4 cup of water
Method for Preparing the Mousse:
1. Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water, at least 3 tbsp.
2. Boil strawberry puree and icing sugar after that. You can do this in a saucepan. Then set it aside.
3. Now it’s time to bring together the strawberry puree with the gelatin solution. Then add kirsch and lemon juice to this.
4. You can whip the cream with sugar until the paste starts to look like mousse.
5. Then combine the whipped cream and strawberry puree.
Method for Preparing the Glaze:
1. To make the strawberry juice, add strawberries in a saucepan before crushing them thoroughly. Once the juices start to flow, turn the heat on low flame. Then add water and sugar and let the solution simmer for at least 10 minutes.
Then pour the pulp and juice through a colander lined with cheesecloth and drain the liquid into a medium bowl.
2. In another bowl, place kirsch, lemon juice, and water. Sprinkle the gelatin on top of this mixture. Set it aside until it becomes soft and spongy.
3. Pour 1 and a half cups of strawberry juice in a saucepan and let it simmer. Once that happens, add it to the gelatin mixture. Stir thoroughly to dissolve the gelatin. Now you can add some of that red shade food coloring.
After that, transfer this solution to a bowl and place it on top of another bowl containing ice water. Keep stirring the whole thing at this point. It’s important that the mixture starts to thicken. As soon as the thickening process sets in, keep the bowl aside.
4. Once this mixture acquires a syrup-like texture, pour a layer of it on top of the cake. Then it’s time to refrigerate it until it sets.
Method for Assembling the Cake:
1. For this, you will need a cake ring. Lay it on the serving dish and trim the cake layer so that it fits inside the ring.
2. You can now soak this cake with the remaining strawberry juice. This will make the cake moist.
3. Then it’s time to spoon the mousse on top of the cake. Use a spatula to flatten it. For a better finish, it’s best to freeze this cake for at least 20 minutes. Following which you can spread more mousse on top of the cake. This gives you that perfect even finish.
4. After that, freeze it for another 30 minutes before you bring on the glaze. You know it’s the right time to pour that glaze once the mousse sets in completely. The final step also involves refrigerating the cake once again so that the mirror-like glaze acquires an ideal texture.
Here’s a video that shows how to prepare a strawberry mousse cake:
Strawberry Mousse Cake
And That’s The End!
So the next time you want to get your hands on a delicious mirror glaze recipe, you know where to look. I have listed the two most popular cake recipes with a shiny mirror glaze finish. Depending on what you like more, you can give it a try. They are not only easy to prepare but also incredibly delightful to eat.
Is there any other mirror glaze recipe that you would like to share with us?
I hope you found the recipes interesting and worth trying. Please let me know what you think of the article in the comments section below.
Let’s keep glazing!
Related Tips and Tricks from MomTrustedChoice Lists:
- How to Reheat Shrimp Without Overcooking It?
- How To Store Donuts In The Fridge And Freezer? For All Donut Lovers!